Senior Project Coordinator
Voice is an Edmonton based, privately owned civil construction firm providing services for high profile clients and projects across Alberta. We specialize in petrochemical site preparation and related earthwork construction projects. Since our founding in 1939 Voice has grown considerably yet still maintains a family culture. At Voice you will find challenging work and opportunities for career growth through mentorship and development!
Voice is currently accepting applications for Senior Project Coordinators. The successful candidate will be based on a job site, and their responsibilities include the development, execution and coordination of technical and cost areas of the project.
Applicants for this position may be used to fill positions across Alberta and Western Canada.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the setup, tracking and analyzing man-hours and associated costs
- Prepare or assist in the development and implementation of project baseline schedules
- Ensure project team works within the company QA/QC and HSE programs
- Assist the Construction Manager in the project initiation activates, preparation and implementation of a project execution plan
- Provide mentoring and coaching for less senior technical and management staff within the scope of a project
- Prepare and present cost analysis and forecasting to clients and stakeholders
- Defines scope and monitors compliance with requirements of the contract and relevant codes and standards
- Work with Vendors and Head Office to ensure timely and cost effective purchasing and payment for materials.
- Maintain client focus while achieving project and stakeholders objectives
- Work with Schedulors and Estimators as required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Degree; or Civil or Construction Engineering Technologist Diploma
- 6+ years progressive experience in Heavy Civil Construction including Site Preparation, Roadbuilding, Water/Sewer, Deep Underground Installations, Tank Pads, Berms, Pond Work and Concrete work.
- Significant and varied experience in Project Controls, QA/QC, Purchasing/Material Receiving, Contract Management, Scheduling and Estimating in a Contractor role.
- Experience with the standards and expectations of Oil and Gas clients.