Senior Project Coordinator - Fort McMurray, Alberta
Voice Construction is a privately owned industrial civil construction company with over 75 years of experience across multiple industries. Headquartered in Edmonton and serving all of Western Canada, we own a large fleet of modern equipment and employ an experienced workforce capable of performing jobs of any size. At Voice you will find challenging work and opportunities for career growth through mentorship and development.
Voice Construction is currently hiring a Senior Project Coordinator for our Fort McMurray location. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Construction Manager and their prime responsibilities include the development, execution, and coordination of technical and cost areas of the project. Working with the project team to ensure deliverables meet the approved schedule and budget requirements.
The Senior Project Coordinator will be based in Fort McMurray, however, working at our field project sites near Fort McMurray.
Project Shift Schedule: 10/4 which may fluctuate
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Construction Manager in the project initiation activities, preparation and implementation of a project execution plan.
- Assist with the setup, tracking and analyzing man-hours and associated costs.
- Prepare and present cost analysis and forecasting to clients and stakeholders.
- Defines scope and monitors compliance with requirements of the contract and relevant codes and standards.
- Develop Project Schedules company monitor plans using Primavera.
- Prepare or assist in the development and implementation of project baseline schedules.
- Ensure project teams works within the company QA and Safety programs.
- Maintain client focus while achieving project and stakeholders objectives.
- Provide mentoring and coaching for less senior technical and management staff within the scope of a project.
- Work with Schedulers and Estimators as required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Degree; or Civil or Construction Engineering Technologist Diploma
- 6+ years progressive experience in Heavy Civil Construction including Site Preparation, Roadbuilding, Water/Sewer, Deep Underground Installations, Tank Pads, Berms, Pond Work and Concrete work.
- Significant and varied experience in Project Controls, QA/QC, Purchasing/Material Receiving, Contract Management, Scheduling and Estimating in a Contractor role.
- Experience with the standards and expectations of Oil and Gas clients.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Primavera 6 and Microsoft Office applications. Must be comfortable and familiar with working on remote site locations.
- Results oriented team player with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of field and office personnel.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Voice Construction believes in encouraging growth from within. We provide our employees with the tools, mentorship and opportunity to advance in their career. Voice offers competitive wages and attractive benefits and incentives.
If you meet the requirements for this exciting and challenging role, please apply directly to our Voice Construction career website: https://www.voiceconst.com/careers/