Intermediate Project Coordinator/Engineer
Voice is a full service civil construction company headquartered in Edmonton and operating across Western Canada for nearly 80 years. Primarily operating in the Oil & Gas and Industrial sector, Voice maintains a large fleet of equipment and employs industry leading talent proven to safely and successfully execute a wide range of construction projects. Voice has an office and laydown yard in Kitimat, BC along with an office in Prince Rupert, BC. www.voiceconst.com
Voice is currently hiring an IntermediateProject Coordinator/Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing general field coordination functions of Civil Construction Projects. Work involved may be office or field level dealing with QA/QC, Project Controls, manpower reporting, purchasing and other field functions to ensure work is completed on time and on budget. This position will work in a construction environment using large earth moving equipment to complete projects such as road building, pipelines, underground utility installations, site preparation, tank foundations and berms, landfills and ponds, site finishing, concrete structures, and environmental remediation.
The Intermediate Project Coordinator will be primarily project site based in Prince Rupert, BC.
Project Shift Schedule: 14/7, 14 days working and then 7 days off
This is a local position, no LOA or Flights provided.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications and structural repairs to industrial and managerial personnel.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labour to determine project feasibility.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Ensure QA/QC requirements are followed
- Purchase materials required for project work
- Compile and analyze labour, equipment and material information
- Create project schedules
- Other duties as required
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree Engineering Civil or Civil Engineering Technology diploma.
- 3-4 years' experience with heavy civil construction projects in a coordination role is required