We are looking for a results-oriented, energetic and creative team member with a positive attitude. The team is supported with leadership and direction to help grow those interested in a marketing career specific to the construction industry.
Reporting to the General Manager, Business Development, the Business Development Coordinator will be a positive contributor in supporting the Business Development initiatives, including industry market planning, tracking progress against market plans, monitoring individual participation in industry groups, supporting market research/intelligence and supporting cross-selling activities.
•Develop and coordinate proposals; analyze requirements, set kick-off meetings, coordinate all proposal pieces, written and graphic; review content; handle production and coordinate reviews and delivery. Track results and update the CRM.
• Develop and coordinate materials such as presentations.
• Develop and maintain support material including: market experience, resumes, project sheets, images, testimonials.
• Support Business Development Initiatives including pipeline tracking and support pipeline building.
• 2-3 years of similar experience for a large Engineering or Construction company.
• Experience in construction or heavy civil industry will be strongly considered.
• Excellent written communication skills;
• Experience administering a CRM on a service-oriented application and integration platform.
• Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
• Call upon customers; Develop trusting relationships with key decision makers. Develop and prioritize customer lists and contacts.
•Bachelor's degree in marketing or communications is preferred
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a professional services firm
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
Reporting to the General Manager, Business Development, the Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying potential business opportunities and developing strategies and teams to bring new and repeat business opportunities to management for consideration. The purpose of the position is to proactively and systematically pursue adding new business opportunities for business in the geographic areas and/or markets designated by their General Manager and/or the company. Also, responsible for maintaining existing relationships and ensuring that Voice Construction is on all relevant bid lists. The incumbent will have a strong business acumen with a coupled ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships. Industry experience in heavy civil construction practices, would definitely be an asset. The incumbent will have a wide network of professional business associates and acquaintances throughout Western Canada in various industries.
•Understand and represent the culture, ethics and values of Voice Construction at all times.
• Participate in key project meetings and strategy sessions; coordinating Business Development activities in conjunction with estimating, procurement, contracts and project management.
• Conducts regular business communications with the site and functional teams to ensure clarity on business performance, business goals and forward plans.
• Identify and investigate growth opportunities for the company.
• Develop strategic and tactical marketing plans in order to keep the profile of the Company high and in the appropriate public arenas.
• Build and maintain relationships with all levels of the Client's organization to understand the Client's business drivers to enable better execution, resolution of issues, and general alignment. Keep abreast of industry trends to allow the Company to properly respond to changing economic, technological, and business climates.
• Aid the Public Relations work of the Company and in the development of First Nations agreements and relationships.
• Proven capability of identifying and building relationships with other contractors and vendors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The incumbent will have extensive professional business experience primarily in heavy civil construction industries with a wide network of professional business associates and acquaintances.
An excellent written and verbal communicator with superior interpersonal and relationship management skills.
A strong client focus and a desire to achieve results.
Strong financial background.
Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and time lines with strong attention to detail.
Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities.
Strong leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with key customers.
•The ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated strong negotiation skills with a view to providing a win-win situation when dealing with customers and clients.
• The ability to develop and maintain business relationships.
• A strong sense of presence with the ability to influence people.
Experience and Qualifications: Post secondary Degree, Technical Diploma or equivalent experience relating to Engineering or Business with knowledge of and contacts in the Oil and Gas industries. 5-7 years experience in oil sands development, oil storage & distribution and heavy civil construction at a professional level and previous experience related to business development would be an asset.
Location: Edmonton based position with travel to areas throughout Alberta and B.C.
Voice Construction is an Edmonton based, privately owned civil construction firm providing services for high profile clients and projects across Alberta. We specialize in petrochemical site preparation and related earthwork construction projects. Since our founding in 1939 Voice has grown considerably yet still maintains a family culture. At Voice you will find challenging work and opportunities for career growth through mentorship and development!
The Craft Recruiter will be responsible for full cycle recruitment of craft personnel. This position will ensure that Voice Construction Ltd. project sites are properly staffed in an efficient, timely manner with qualified employees, in accordance with applicable collective agreements. The successful candidate will work closely with, and support the field operations management teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct day-to-day full cycle recruitment of craft personnel when required to meet the needs of high volume projects.
- Work closely with key decision makers to discuss current and projected work/manpower needs.
- Understand and work within Collective Agreements applicable to project sites.
- Successfully liaise with Union Dispatch to request and fill in-scope positions as required.
- Seek out, interview, and screen applicants to fill future job openings and promote career opportunities within the organization. This role will have primary responsibility for working with supervisors and managers to hire craft and supervisory positions.
- Ensure all employees meet training and certification requirements upon hire, including updated safety certificates and pre drug and alcohol testing.
- Coordinate the dispatch of employees to project sites.
- Engage with supervision and managers to coordinate additional training as required.
- Administrative tasks completed efficiently and accurately as required.
Required Education and Experience
- Post-secondary Education in Human Resources, Labour Relations and/or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of craft recruitment experience within the construction industry required.
- Previous experience working within a Union Dispatch hiring environment and knowledge of safety tickets/journeyman/apprentice and drug and alcohol testing required.
- Excellent organizational and execution skills, and the ability to work in a high volume, dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of and experience working within Employment Standards and the Human Rights Act.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required and HR systems required; specific experience in ICIMS Applicant Tracking Systems preferred.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task and adapt to rapidly changing demands and priorities.
- Must exhibit excellent communication written and verbal communication skills.